Windows XP firewall log reader
The following utilities can be used to read the log created by the firewall builtin Windows XP:
WinXP’s Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) can be configured to save warnings to a log:
- Open Control Panel and double click Network and Internet Connections and open Network Connections.
- Click the connection on which Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) is enabled, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
- On the Advanced-tab, click Settings.
- On the Security Logging-tab, under Logging Options, select one or both of the following options:
- To enable logging of unsuccessful inbound connection attempts, select the Log dropped packets check box.
- To enable logging of successful outbound connections, select the Log successful connections check box.
By using an utility to read this log, then it becomes easier to see who is attacking, and troubleshoot why a certain application is not connecting properly to the Internet.
More Info Internet Connection Firewall security log file overview