Description:Provides automatic distribution of events to COM+ components.
Note if disabling this service then at every boot there will be generated a warning in the Event Log about this service not running.
Note in WinXP the prefetching and bootvis are dependent on this service.
Related How to repair a broken COM+ catalog and reinstall COM+
- Win8/Win7/Vista: Automatic
- WinXP/Win2k/WinNT4: Manual
- Win8/Win7/Vista: svchost.exe -k LocalService (EventSystem)
- WinXP/Win2k/WinNT4: svchost.exe -k netsvcs (EventSystem)
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service (Vista+)
- COM+ System Application (WinXP+)
- System Event Notification Service (SENS)
- File Replication (Win2k3+)
- DFS Replication (Win2k8)
- SL UI Notification Service (Vista)
- SPP Notification Service (Win7)