Note if the COM+ Catalog have become corrupt, then it can be re-built with the following steps:
Event ID: 4609
Description: The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 80070005 from line xx of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.
Event ID: 778
Description: Error Code = 0x80004005 : Unspecified error COM+ Services Internals Information: File: d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\shared\util\svcerr.cpp, Line: 1259 Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.308 shp
Event ID: 4689
Description: The run-time environment has detected an inconsistency in its internal state. This indicates a potential instability in the process that could be caused by the custom components running in the COM+ application, the components they make use of, or other factors. Error in d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\package\cpackage.cpp(1184), hr = 80070005: InitEventCollector failed
More Info MS KB909444
- Reboot and start in Safemode
- Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and execute the following commands:
- ren %windir%\System32\Clbcatq.dll Clbcatq.dll.bak
- del %windir%\Registration\*.* /s
- Start the registry editor and delete the following registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \COM3]
- Reboot and start in Normal mode.
- Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and execute this command:
rmdir /s %windir%\Registration
- Open the Control Panel and double click Add/Remove Programs
- Select Add/Remove Components and click Next and it will reinstall COM+
- Re-apply the necessary service packs and updates for COM+.
More Info MS KB315296
More Info MS KB318731
More Info MS KB961938