Description:Is used to provide software installation services such as Assign, Publish and Remove. It handles deployment of software for computers joined to a domain through group policies.
Note Windows XP Home has this service registered, but the appmgmts.dll needed to start the service is not part of Windows XP Home. When installing/uninstalling a program, then the following error will be generated in the Event Log if the service is not disabled:
Event ID: 7023
Description: The Application Management Service terminated with the following error: The specified module could not be found.
More Info MS KB328213
- Windows 8 Pro: svchost.exe -k netsvcs (AppMgmt)
- Windows 7 Pro: svchost.exe -k netsvcs (AppMgmt)
- Vista Business/Ultimate: svchost.exe -k netsvcs (AppMgmt)
- WinXP Pro/2k3: svchost.exe -k netsvcs (AppMgmt)
- Win2k: services.exe (AppMgmt)