There are different commands available to diagnose power management issues:
- What devices can wake the computer from sleep mode:
powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any
- What devices can wake the computer from standby:
powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
- Disable a device ability to wake the computer:
powercfg -devicedisablewake "device name"
- Make a device able to wake the computer:
powercfg -deviceenablewake "device name"
New Vista Commands
- What device caused computer to wake from sleep mode:
New Windows 7 CommandsWindows 7 introduces some new commands, and if installing Win7 on a laptop, then one should try out the following commands:
- Analyze the power comsumption of the computer, and lists devices with issues:
- Diagnose why the computer is not able to enter sleep mode:
Credits The Old New Thing