Windows XP Power Toys
If already having older PowerToys installed remember to uninstall those before installing these:
Some of the exciting toys included:
- ClearType Tuner : Improve the clarity of fonts rendered using Clear Type anti aliasing.
- Super-Fast User Switcher : Allows switching between users without having to go through the Logon screen.
- Open Command Window Here : Adds an “Open Command Window Here” context menu option on file system folders, giving you a quick way to open a command window (cmd.exe) pointing at the selected folder.
- Alt-Tab Replacement : Makes it easier to switch between multiple sessions of an application. One sees the icon of the application window switching to and gets a preview of the page.
Tweak UI : Opens access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP default user interface, including mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.
Note if NOT having SP1 installed for WinXP one should use the Old TweakUI or one will get the error:
The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
- Power Calculator : Can display graphs and evaluate functions as well as perform many different types of conversions.
- Image Resizer : Can resize one or many image files with a right-click.
- CD Slide Show Generator : View images burned to a CD as a slide show. The Generator works downlevel on Windows 9x machines as well.
- Virtual Desktop Manager : Manage up to four desktops from the Windows taskbar with this PowerToy.
- Taskbar Magnifier : Magnifies a part of the screen from the taskbar.
- HTML Slide Show Wizard : This wizard helps you create an HTML slide show of your digital pictures, ready to place on your Web site.
- Webcam Timershot : Take pictures at specified time intervals from a Webcam connected to your computer and save them to a location that you designate.
- Audio Shellplayer : Adds a separate audio player into the taskbar. No longer part of the Windows XP powertoys, but have been moved to Media Player Powertoys. The original powertoy can still be found at Neowin.net (Download mirror). Remember to resize properly to see the built-in volume button.
- ISO Burner : Extends the built-in CD-Burner feature to burn ISO’s and copy CD’s (Not in the official package any longer but found here)