Helps you to send & receive faxes.
This service gets installed if fax capable modem is installed in your machine.
Note in Windows XP the service can be installed by opening the Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components -> Check “Fax Services”.
Note in Windows Vista/7 the service can be installed through the Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and features -> Turn Windows Features on or off.
More Info MS KB229827
More Info MS KB231577
More Info MS KB306550
- Manual (If having a FAX).
- Manual (Default not installed)
- Win7/XP/Vista/Win2k: fxssvc.exe (FAX)
- WinNT4: faxsvc.exe (FAX)
- Plug And Play
- Print Spooler (Win2k/WinXP/Vista name)
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Spooler (WinNT4 name)