Logical Disk Manager
Logical Disk Manager Watchdog Service that detects the appearance/disappearance of hard drives and the partitions they contains.
Note if this service is stopped, then dynamic disk status and configuration information might become outdated. Therefore if one is considering to change this service state to Manual, then make sure that none of the disks in the system are configured as dynamic disks.
More Info MS KB314343
More Info MS KB329707
- Win2k: Automatic.
- WinXP Home: Manual.
- WinXP Pro: Automatic.
- Win2k3: Automatic.
- Win2k: services.exe (dmserver)
- WinXP/2k3: svchost.exe -k netsvcs (dmserver, System User)
- Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (WinXP only)
- Plug and Play (WinXP only)
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) (WinXP only)