Description:Used to connecting, maintaining and disconnecting dial-up and VPN connections from your computer to the Internet or other remote networks.
With Win2k the VPN module was extended to support Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol (L2TP) connections with Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) for higher security.
Related Setting up a Virtual Private Network in Win2k/WinXP
More Info MS KB234014
More Info MS KB258261
More Info MS KB310109
- Disabled, if on a simple home network.
- Manual, if using dialup modem for Internet or using VPN to connect to remote networks.
- svchost.exe -k netsvcs (RasMan)
- Internet Connection Sharing (Win2k/Vista+)
- Internet Connection Firewall and Internet Connection Sharing (WinXP/Win2k3 only)
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Routing and Remote Access (Vista+)