Description:Responsible for network authentication including the following sub-components:
- Maintains a synced domain directory database between the Primary Domain Controller(PDC) and Backup Domain Controllers(BDC's)
- Handles authentication of respective accounts on the Domain Controllers (DC)
- Handles the process of authentication of domain accounts on networked machines.
More Info MS KB262916
You must supply a password to make this connection:
- Manual, if on a simple home network.
- Automatic, if connected to a domain.
- Manual, if in a Workgroup (If started it will stop automatically).
- Automatic, if in a Domain.
- lsass.exe (Netlogon)