- List all shares
- List all users
- List files within a share
- Stop/Start services
Note it is possible to access the IPC$ share of a server by using a different credentials, than those used when logging on the client machine. (Even if needing to use a domain-user to access a server from outside the domain).
IPC$, The domain password you supplied is not correct
You must supply a password to make this connection:
Incorrect password or unknown username for:
Note Windows 95/98/Me doesn't support logon with different credentials. Therefore one have to make sure the userid and password on the Win9x machine matches one of the accounts on the WinNT machine. This can be done by using one of the following options:
net use q: \\10.0.0.2\c$ [password] /user:[domain\]username
- Create an account on the WinNT machine which matches the username and password (If any) used on the Win9x machine.
- If the account already exist, then try to reenter the account password for the account (And check the password doesn't expire)
- Create an account on the Win9x machine which matches the username and password of an account on the WinNT machine and then logon to Win9x with the new account.
- Activate the guest account, though it is not recommended:
More Info MS KB Q101150
More Info MS KB Q139592
More Info MS KB Q162325
More Info MS KB Q258717
More Info MS KB Q262916
Updated: 20 June 2008