All Tasks can be accessed through a special Control Panel

It is possible to access a special folder, that will display all tasks available through the normal Control Panel.

NB This tip is NOT compatible with Vista x64, but works fine on Vista 32 bit and Windows 7.

If having created the folder on the desktop and experience that Windows Explorer crashes on Vista x64, then one can open a command prompt and remove the folder with this command (Notice the quotes):

rd "All Tasks.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"

There are different ways to access this advanced Control Panel:
  • Launch this command through the Start-menu:

shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

• Create a new folder on the Desktop with the following name:

All Tasks.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Related Access special folders easily using the shell command
Related Create special folders where you want them

Credits ItsMyWindows.com

Updated: 21 January 2010

Comments:

1. Alex says:

EEVIL!! i made one o these folders on my desktop and pow.. "explorer has stopped working" I assumed this was part of this till I clicked restart explorer and it crashed again. I tried the command prompt "RD All_Tasks.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" to no avail tried just "RD All_Tasks" I was about to give up till I tried "RD /s C:\users\[username]\desktop" lost all my icons but my computer is back to not crashing.

Running Vista x64 all latest updates and this is categorized as "vista tips" more like "vista crashes". What is this supposed to do?

2. Snakefoot says:

Alex wrote:
    EEVIL!! i made one o these folders on my desktop and pow.. “explorer has stopped working”

Sorry about the trouble this "All Tasks" folder has caused you. I have only tried it on Vista x32 and it worked like a charm.

I have updated the tip with a warning about not using this on Vista 64 bit. Also when working with folders in the command prompt, then the TAB key is your friend as it will perform directory completion.

3. No says:

DUMBOS YOU CANT RUN IT ON VISTA 64x BIT!!!! HE SAYS THAT AT THE START!!!

4. lw says:

@No-9
    If you had read the comments before posting one, you would have noticed that the page author added the 64bit warnings AFTER someone posted that it froze in Vista 64bit.

5. djME says:

Running Win7 x64, the command worked fine for me when I entered it via the "Run" command in the start menu... gave me access to the "All Control Panels" item in explorer; I just right clicked and make shortcuts to the tools and settings I wanted, and put em in a folder I created on the desktop. Thanks for the tip guy... and "Alex," I'm pretty sure I know your problem and why it didn't work on your comp. Its quite simple, really. Vista blows. It's the core of your problem, and now that Win7 is out, come over to the light like I did (was running vista for 3 years). You'll notice pretty instantaneously that they did away with all the suck, and improved on all the awesome.

6. Alain says:

The 'final truth' of the 'God Code' in Vista x64 is that thou shan't create a folder bearing my name, but you can 'Run' it or 'New Task...' it, etc.
    >Thanks for the TAB key trick. I had a crash course in cmd.exe this afternoon, trying to get rid of the evil god mode folder. But now all is fine, and i kept everything else on my desktop.