Windows Explorer command line switches
- /n - always open a new window (even if the specified folder is already open)
- /e - uses windows explorer view(Tree view)
- /root,object - Specify the object in the normal namespace that will be used as the root of this Windows Explorer Folder
- subobject - Specify the folder to receive the initial focus unless /select is used
- /select - Specifies that the parent folder is opened and the specified object(program) is selected.
Remember the “,” between command line switches.
Examples of different commands:
- Opens My Computer with tree-view (With Drive-Letter A: selected):
- Opens C-Drive with tree-view:
- Opens Desktop with tree-view:
- Opens special folder:
More Info MS KB130510
More Info MS KB307856
More Info MS KB314853