Have now put up a Windows 7 Service Guide, with a lot of help from the BlackViper.com website. It is pretty much the existing Vista Service Guide with some extra services (19 services in total).
Also added two small Win7 tips:
- Configure the taskbar in Windows 7. Credits WinGeek.com
- Make sidebar and gadgets work with UAC disabled. Credits MyDigitalLife.info
Btw. if using AVG 8.5 and is tired of the nagging popup-offer about upgrading from the free version to the full version, then it can be removed with the following steps:
- Go the install folder of AVG and browse to the Notification folder:
- Create a new sub-folder called upgrade-oportunity-avg85:
- Move all files newer than the 1 July 2009 from the Notification folder to the upgrade-oportunity-avg85 folder. This should include files like:
I guess the market for low price antivirus packages will disappear, when Microsoft release their own free product Security Essentials (Currently in beta stage).