Had planned a small before-christmas vacation, but this was suddenly changed when the news arrived about my webhost provider had gone bankrupt. Have now been busy restoring the website on another webhost and started the domain transfer. It seems I was lucky with getting hold of the Auth-code, so the domain should be transferred within 5 days.
It is sad that Needhost.dk has been taken down, since they provided a very feature rich solution on the Windows platform. Compared to other low-budget webhosting solutions, then there are none in their league (Everyone is on the Linux platform). Really liked the combination of the Helm Control Panel and SmarterTools.
My new webhost is UnoEuro.com and I’m really surprised how fast my website is performing on this new webhost. The support have also been very helpful in my moment of need, and I’m planning to give them a good review if everything is up and running before new year.
Added some articles while waiting for the domain transfer:
- Added Windows Vista/2008 Network Tip about enabling support for Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN)
- Added Windows XP Embedded Theme signed by Microsoft. Credits Tweaking with Vishal
- Added Windows XP Tip about accessing exFAT partitions by installing Vista’s exFAT file system driver. Credits ItsMyWindows.com
- Added Windows Search Tip about extending the indexing service with IFilters to search within documents. Credits LifeHacker.com
- Added File Recovery Tip about performing a file copy from a scratched CD / DVD.