Tips and tweaks
- Detailed description of most settings in the Award BIOS.
- Technical information about different BIOS brands along with PostCodes and BeepCodes.
- Describes how the BIOS functions and the most common settings.
- Adrian's Rojak Pot has the most extensive BIOS bible on the Internet.
- Learning MSDOS with this very detailed introduction.
- Started as place for DOS batch scripts, but have evolved into NT scripting.
- Describes all the available commands when using MS DOS 7.0
- Axcel216 (George Gombos) has many tips, through a little difficult to browse.
- Tips for Windows and Office, which are nicely categorized.
- Information, tips and troubleshooting information about Microsoft Windows.
- Searchable newsgroups about how to solve problems with Microsoft products.
- Microsoft's own listing of resource kit documentation for most of their products.
- The best placed to find solutions for your Windows blues.
- Tips, Tweaks, Hacks and information about Windows and Office
- Good information about Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
- Former 3dSpotLight with easy to follow tweak guides with many pictures.
- Different tweak articles for Windows for every occasion.
- Extensive guides of how to configure most things in Windows Vista (Would be nice if they had a RSS feed of the newest tutorials).
- An ocean of information about how to configure Windows.
Windows NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista
- For Windows Administrators
- West Michigan IT guy and Microsoft MVP!
- Dome of Tweaking.
- Dome of Tweaking.
- Microsoft Enterprise Platforms Support Windows Server Performance team
- Latest news and hacks for Windows.
- Windows Diagnostic and Debug team at Microsoft
- Danish site, for danish readers. which is made by a MSCE fellar
- Windows IT: News, Tips and Software
- Joseph Fieber is a system administrator who knows a great deal about computers and Windows Vista.
- Very large collection of tips for Microsoft Windows.
- A to Z guide for WinXP though it is a little difficult to overview.
- A german site with english tips for Windows NT+ and some office products.
- Brent Trahan wants learn everyone how to use Windows
- Extensive list of the different functionality that Windows XP can provide.
- Security Hardening Guides from Microsoft.
- Large set of available registry keys with explanation of purpose.
- A little guide from Microsoft Technet mainly for Windows NT4.
- MSCE Training site for with links to free practise tests.
- Security Recommendation Guides from the National Security Agency.
- Has the solution to many problems and also has a nice newsletter.
- Easy guides about how to optimize Windows XP/2000. Also include a little treat called 'XP Myths'.
- Daniel Petri tries to undermine the bad reputation of MSCE's.
- Has a blend of simple tips along with some more technical tweaks for Windows.
- A danish site, for danish readers. which is made by a MSCE fellar.
- A large collections of registry tips mostly for Win2k/WinXP.
- Provides tips and tweaks for Windows 2000 and XP.
- Tips only for WinXP.
- Lots of articles about Windows and setting up a network.
- Ramesh Srinivasan (MVP) provides lots of tips and troubleshooting for Windows XP and Vista.
- Soumitra Sengupta (MVP) with advice of how to get Windows XP to purr like a cat.
- Tips only for WinXP only.
Windows 95, 98, Me
- Chapter 2 from Optimizing Windows, published by O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
- Detailed advice of how to optimize Windows 98.
- Speedup Tweaks for the PC and Windows 9x/Me.
Network, Dialup, Cable, Modem
- 56K Modem Init Strings, Drivers and Firmware.
- Perform speedtests and get tweaks to improve network performance.
- Provides Modem Init Strings for a large collection of dial up modems.
- Technical modem information.
- 56k Modem Drivers, Information, and Troubleshooting.
- Deals with modem/cable tweaking and security in windows.
- Deals with modem/cable tweaking in windows.
- Lists the most recent virus discoveries.
- Security consultant who is interested in software Security with details of how to exploit weak points.
- Has focus on web browsers like IE, Mozilla and Opera and their security holes.
- Makes forecasts about the upcoming security attacks and how they spread.
- Recently Discovered Viruses, Trojans, and Worms
- Up-to-date on trends and traffic in viruses, spam and phishing.
- Provides security related articles about exploits and the workings of operating systems.
- Dedicated to security both in the windows and the unix world.
- Up-to-date information on the latest threats, risks and vulnerabilities.
- Lists the most recent virus discoveries and their risk rating.
- Shows you how much your Internet Browser is telling to the Internet.
- Can probe your firewall to see if it is working.
- Tests if your Internet Explorer is open for attacks.
- Tests if your Internet Explorer/Mozilla is open for attacks.
- Test your firewall and its ability to shield against attacks.