Description:Uses the light sensors on the monitor (if available) to detect changes in ambient light and adjust the display brightness. If this service is stopped or disabled, the display brightness will not adapt to lighting conditions.
To turn adaptive brightness on or off:
- Open Power Options through System and Security in the Control Panel
- Under any plan, click Change plan settings.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- In the list, expand Display, and then expand Enable adaptive brightness.
- Open Location and Other Sensors through Hardware and Sound in the Control Panel
- There the ALS hardware should be listed and can be enabled using the checkbox
Adaptive brightness is not available in all editions of Windows 7.
- Windows 7: Manual
Updated: 15 March 2010