Open DOS Command Prompt Here
If you want to open a command prompt anywhere without manually needing to move to the right directory. Just need to right click the directory.
- Start “My Computer”
- In the “My Computer” menu select “Tools” -> “Folder Options…”
- Select the fan “File Types”
- Sort the registered file types by name by clicking the 2nd column
- Find and select the file type “Folder”
- Press the “Edit” button, and a new window pops up (“Advanced” if using WinMe)
- Press the “New…” button, and a new window pops up
- Set the action to be:
Open Command Prompt Here
- Set the application to be:
C:\Windows\command.com /k doskey cd “%1”
- Press Ok to save the newly added entry
Now when one right clicks a directory, one is given the option to open a command prompt. This can also be done with the Win95 Powertoys (Though it doesn’t activate doskey).
Related Configure file types to include your own useful actions