First the important news, exactly one month ago (22 april) my girlfriend gave birth to my beautiful daughter Kia. Now most of the things in my life have a different priority than before.
In other news Microsoft have released the second service pack for their infamous Windows Vista. Right now it is only available for MSDN and Technet subscribers, but it will soon be available at Windows Update. Looked through the list of hotfixes included in the service pack, and it is mostly fixes to rare bugs, but there are some few interesting fixes:
- Faster reconnect to wireless networks after waking from power saving sleep mode.
- Support for recording data to Blu-Ray media.
- Support for Bluetooth 2.1 features.
- Faster file transfering between Windows Vista machines on high bandwidth network.
- Less audio stutter when playing music, while performing file transfers on high bandwidth network.
- Windows Media Center now work better with TV tuners.
- Removed limit of only 10 half open TCP connections simultaneously. More Info MS KB969710
Note after having installed SP2, then one can run Compcln.exe to remove RTM and SP1 versions of files there are replaced by SP2. This will save space, but also remove the ability to uninstall SP2 again.
More Info Notable Changes in Windows Server 2008 SP2 and Windows Vista SP2
More Info Hotfixes and Security Updates in Windows Server 2008 SP2 and Windows Vista SP2
Update 26 May 2009 - The service pack is now freely available for all.